Skip to main content

Gender Reveal, Quarantine, and Easter

The first thing I want to talk about is baby Hamilton #4!  On April 6th I had my 20 week ultrasound to check on baby Ham.  It was exciting and reassuring to see that little baby kicking around.  All things look good as far as the baby goes.  Growing and developing well.  Baby Ham was measuring about a week ahead.  Which is pretty normal for me at this point. 

I went into the ultrasound thinking that this baby was going to be a girl but I'm usually wrong.  And yup, I was wrong! It's a BOY!  It blows my mind to think that we will have three boys.  When did we suddenly become a house of boys!?  Poor Mckenzie really wanted a sister.  But she's been a trooper and seems to be happy.  I told her we'll just have to do a lot of mommy daughter stuff.  


I bought each kid a new stuffed animal and wrapped a Hershey's bar.  I colored in the "he" part of hersHEy to show that it was a boy.  I think Mckenzie took the news fairly well because she was holding a new toy and had chocolate in her mouth.



Cutest profile pic.
Starting around the week we were in CA, March 14th, the whole world went crazy and the coronavirus took over.  The coronavirus, or covid 19, is a virus that started in China and has now entered the US.  It can make you sort of sick to super sick and needing a ventilator.  The symptoms range tremendously.  In order for it to not spread too much everything has been shut down.  You're suppose to stay home and not go anywhere unless absolutely necessary.  Grocery stores are still open but you need to get there early if you need things that normally run out easily, such as milk and eggs.

Channing has been out of school since his track break started back on March 6th.  They've now started having the kids do a packet of school work each week to try and keep them on track.  Mckenzie's preschool is also cancelled.

We've been keeping to ourselves and staying at home.  Our normal day consists of waking up late, like 8:30am, eating breakfast, getting ready for the day, doing some school work, doing crafts or something, lunch, playtime, quiet time, more playtime or school work, dinner, walks, tv, and bedtime.

Justin has been working from home for a few weeks now.  He's staying very busy with his St Alphonsus job.  We're glad that he still has all his work hours.  Many people have been furloughed or asked to work less hours.

I think the hardest part about all of this is the unknown of when life will go back to normal.  I think we're handling the isolation fairly well but it is hard to have nothing on the calendar.  We can't even go to the park or the library.

After getting home from CA I called my OB's office to tell them that I've been super fatigued, short of breath, and my heart has been racing.  I was told it was just normal pregnancy symptoms and to let them know if my HR got about 140 frequently.  I called a few days later to update them on my symptoms that weren't improving.  Then they asked me to go to St Al's urgent care to get screened for covid 19 and to tell them about my symptoms to get checked out.  Turns out they can't do anything about my symptoms unless I go to the ER.  And since I was short of breath and had traveled to CA I got tested for covid 19.  They stick a long q-tip so freaking far into your nose it basically touched your brain.  So painful!  Then they told me to quarantine for 14 days or until I got my results back.  I was pretty ticked about the whole process and still not having answers about my current symptoms.  Luckily my results came back negative within 4 days (which was really quick) and I was able to still go to my OB and ultrasound appt.
Mckenzie showing off a flower she found in my bathroom drawer.  She loves sneaking down stairs at night when she's suppose to be asleep. 



Mckenzie got new glasses. 



Cici sent us wooden eggs to paint for Easter.
Easter this year was spent with just our family.  Justin made bunny pancakes, we had church at home, the kids played with the toys from their Easter basket, and we did an egg hunt.





One Saturday we drive to Reed Merrill park and walked to the river.  The kids and Jett loved walking in the water.  
This was our first fishing experience of the year.  Channing got to try out his new fishing pole.  He caught 3 fish all on his own.  








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fartlek

    Have you ever tried running (more like slow jogging) with a double stroller?  My suggestion is to avoid it...unless you're into pain and frustration. I'm a morning workout person.  And I'm not talking about waking up before my kids at 6am and getting in a workout--I'm not crazy.  I'm into doing my workout when it's convenient and I don't have to sacrifice too much.  For example I don't like to exercise when I:  Have to wake up earlier than normal.  Stay up later than normal. Be too cold/hot for a long period of time. Or listen to a kid cry/whine the whole time.     Right now I've chosen to walk/jog in the morning after breakfast and before Mckenzie's nap.  That way the morning goes by quickly and I get a workout in.  Justin and I signed up for a race here in Meridian and that's my workout motivation...hence the jogging with a stroller.  I'm pretty sure the double stroller ways at least 75lbs with the kids in it.  20lbs for Kenz

Pain in the Neck Child

I have one child that's a pain in the neck because she has a pain in her neck!  Did you follow that?  Actually Mckenzie is adorable and an excellent baby, but the poor kid has torticollis.  Here's what google says about torticollis,  a condition in which the head becomes persistently turned to one side, often associated with painful muscle spasms.   Mckenzie only wants to look forward and to the right.  This has caused the right side of her head to become flat. Last Thursday I took her to the physical therapist that specializes in this problem and received lots of good stretches that I need to do with Mckenzie 2-3 times a day.  She also wants Mckenzie to have tummy time about 5 times a day for 5 minutes each time.  The only time I can do these stretches successfully with Mckenzie is when she is falling asleep for a nap.  And it takes about 10-15 minutes to complete the stretches each time.  We're hopeful that within the next 6 weeks we'll see some improvement.  The PT

A blessing, 4th of July, and a 2nd birthday!

I'm not good at posting on our blog frequently, so when I do post something it usually consists of many events crammed into one post.  And this entry will be no exception! Ya'll ready for this? Cue Space Jam Theme song. I love Summer time.  You can go outside without bundling up and we spend a lot more time outside when it's warm.  Walks, fishing, picnics! Love it all! Fishing at the pond with daddy.  One of Mckenzie's and Channing's favorite things to do.  One day maybe they'll actually catch something! ;) On July 2nd we had Isaac's baby blessing.  Then afterwards the Hamilton's and the Crawford's came over for a taco dinner.  We love having family close by.  Makes these kind of events great. On July 4th we headed out to Lucky Peak with the Crawford's for some boat time!  Mckenzie was actually super comfortable going on the tube and even sitting on the easy wake trainer.  Channing wasn't too impressed with either.