Skip to main content

"Where's the cheese grater?!"

We're already half way through February.  Can you feel spring in the air?  Me neither.  Just kidding, this winter hasn't been bad at all.  But I'll be very happy when it's a little less chilly outside.

We celebrated Justin's 33rd birthday with a family dinner.

Justin HATES being sung Happy Birthday and being the center of attention.  Thanks for letting us sing to you! 

The day after Justin's birthday, January 31, I flew to San Diego for a girls weekend.  We spent 4 days in Imperial Beach at Nora's condo.  It was amazing.  I got to read a book, play games, only make breakfast for myself, go shopping, eat good food, and hang out with my mom, Julia, Cortney, Leanne, Deedee, Debbie, and Nora.  And even Bridget came down for a day.  Loved it.  We celebrated my mom's 60th birthday.




After breakfast at Loews.  

Julia and I went on a run our first morning.

Happy Birthday

Checking out Balboa Park

Acai bowl at the farmer's market.

Channing loves tae kwon do classes three times a week.  He's testing for his orange belt next week.  He's still very much into robots and wants to build one that does his chores.


Mckenzie is working on being potty trained.  She's slowly improving.  About three times a day she has pee accidents and about 2 poop accidents a day.  Which is a definite improvement from a month or two ago.  She got a stuffed horse from Grandma Sandy in the mail for Valentine's Day.  It's covered in pink hearts.  So naturally she's named it "hearts".
She's often found using Jett as a pillow.
Isaac just got a sweet hair cut.  He's an entertaining kid.  He knows a few more words which helps him not scream as much during the day.
I noticed Isaac was giggling during lunch.  It was because he stuffed two grapes in his cheeks and he thought it was hilarious!

Just hanging out in Jett's cage.  I promise I didn't lock him in.  ;) 

I took the kids to the dentist this week.  They both did great!  Everyone's teeth are looking good with no cavities.  And Channing's bottom tooth is getting very wiggly!  He'll be so happy when he loses his first tooth.  



Justin sent me the following picture of Isaac.  Isaac had gone quiet, which often means he's up to no good, and Justin found him sitting on Mckenzie's potty seat.  He was happily sitting there talking to himself.


I love when Isaac let's me snuggle with him before bedtime.  It's often a brief snuggle that ends with him pushing my face away, because he thinks it's funny, but I'll take every second I can get!


Now about the cheese grater.  Tonight I made spaghetti for dinner.  After making everyones plates I grabbed my block of parmesan from the fridge so that I could grate fresh cheese on our spaghetti.  Justin and I searched for the cheese grater for at least 10 minutes.  We have NO idea where it is.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fartlek

    Have you ever tried running (more like slow jogging) with a double stroller?  My suggestion is to avoid it...unless you're into pain and frustration. I'm a morning workout person.  And I'm not talking about waking up before my kids at 6am and getting in a workout--I'm not crazy.  I'm into doing my workout when it's convenient and I don't have to sacrifice too much.  For example I don't like to exercise when I:  Have to wake up earlier than normal.  Stay up later than normal. Be too cold/hot for a long period of time. Or listen to a kid cry/whine the whole time.     Right now I've chosen to walk/jog in the morning after breakfast and before Mckenzie's nap.  That way the morning goes by quickly and I get a workout in.  Justin and I signed up for a race here in Meridian and that's my workout motivation...hence the jogging with a stroller.  I'm pretty sure the double stroller ways at least 75lbs with the kids in it.  20lbs for Kenz

My reality check

Remember how in my last few posts I talked about how we were teaching Channing to put himself back to sleep by letting him cry it out?  Since Channing has been sick for over a week that has all gone down the drain....  The poor kid is so congested all the time.  When we wakes up at night he usually will not take his binky and fall back asleep.  Instead he needs his nose suctioned, which usually requires Justin holding Channing's head still or it's impossible.  And lately he will not go back to sleep at all until he's fed again.  Last night it was every 3 hours.  I don't know if it's because his throat hurts or he just wants to be held.  Whatever the reason, nights have been a little rough around here.  Oh, and his naps during the day have been pretty bad.  Crying a lot before falling asleep and then only sleeping for 20 or 30 minutes.  Motherhood is definitely a 24/7 job.  With no lunch breaks.  And get this!  Channing has been so upset lately that I can't even

Channing's 7th Birthday

We announced that baby Hamilton is coming in August.   As an early bday celebration we took Channing to the Cheesecake Factory.  It was great having just him on a date.   He got to pick out his own slice of cheesecake.  I think he was pretty excited.   On March 1st we celebrated Channing's 7th birthday.  It's so strange that he's 7! Bridget and Brad's baby girl Savannah was born on March 2nd.  She was over 10 pounds! To celebrate my 29th birthday Justin and I went out to dinner.  It was yummy! On my actual birthday, Match 9th, Channing had just started his track break from school.  So that meant I had three kids to entertain all day.  So I met up with some friends and took the kids to the zoo. That night Justin made me yummy salmon for dinner.  And we had ice cream at a place called Stella's.  I'm still feeling pretty nauseated most of the time at this point but I was happy to feel a bit better.