Skip to main content

Christmas 2018

This is Mckenzie sleeping in our closet.  Anyone else feel exhausted when Christmas is over?
This Christmas we had my mom, dad, Jeff, Cortney, and Patrick stay at our house.  Everyone arrived on December 21st.  That's also mine and Justin's 8th wedding anniversary.  They let us leave them with the kids while we went to try a new restaurant that was really yummy.


On Saturday some of us met up at Country Donuts before heading to Costco.  Those donuts are so good.  It was a bit busy at Costco but still fun.  We of course got some hotdogs and such after shopping.  That evening we hosted dinner at our house.  We ate salmon.  Everyone's favorite!



Sunday was church day.  Channing was so cute singing with the Primary kids.  That night everyone went on a drive to see Christmas lights.

Monday, Christmas Eve day, was super fun!  The day started at Express Cafe.  All of us took up three tables.  It was nice to have a yummy breakfast with everyone.  And no one had to cook or clean up.  Around lunch time Cortney found out the gender of their baby after her Dr's office called.  She went to Zurchers and bought big balloons and one of them had blue confetti in it for a BOY!  It was fun to throw a gender reveal party for Jeff and Cortney!  We are all really excited to meet this boy in May.






In the afternoon Justin, Channing, Mckenzie, Isaac, and I headed to Caldwell to celebrate Christmas Eve with the Hamiltons and Wegners.  We ate lots of yummy appetizers, the kids played games, and we opened presents.  We got home with just enough time to bake a few cookies for Santa, write him a note, sprinkle reindeer food outside, and get the kids to bed.  The adults stayed up a bit late putting together stockings and some last minute Christmas presents.




We all woke up around 8 am on Christmas morning.  (Although we were informed that Channing didn't sleep too good possibly because he was so excited!)  We opened loads of presents and ate Eggs Benedict for breakfast.  We enjoyed a slow afternoon while mom and dad went to the Crawfords for a while.  Then at dinner time everyone gathered at our house for some amazing smoked prime rib for dinner.  After dinner we had to try out Justin's Christmas present.  A game called Watch Ya Mouth.  SO funny.  Some people, including myself, couldn't get through a phrase without almost peeing their pants.






On Wednesday Cortney, Julia, mom, and I went to Cheesecake Factory for lunch.  During this time Justin and Papa took Channing and Patrick to a Military museum.  It ended up being closed but there was plenty to see outside.  Jeff stayed at home with Mckenzie and sleeping Isaac.  Thanks Jeff!  In the afternoon we went bowling.  That's always hilarious with kids.  Luckily no one got a bowling ball to the face.  Although Emily came very close.  After bowling we went to the Crawford's for some dinner.




Thursday Jeff, Cort, and Patrick had to head back home.  We said goodbye to them in the morning.  Justin also went to work that day.  I can't remember what else we did that day.

On Friday we took the kids for the new Children's Museum in Meridian.  They had lots of fun.  It was so crowded though.

Milking a cow.  It actually let you squeeze water out.  They were fascinated. 

Channing and Ryan were so cute.  They were pretending to be the "workers" and help the little kids get their pretend groceries.

Mckenzie got to dress up as a pirate.
On Saturday was mom and dad's last day.  Mom, Julia, and I went to The Village for some street tacos and Julia got Asian food.  I got this torta called the Chan Chan.  I just had to get it because of the name.  It was delicious too.  Then that evening we hosted dinner for everyone and ate brats.  Chan Chan's favorite.  ;)  Then it was time to say goodbye to Cici and Papa.


We took a quick walk to the pond one day.

Do you see Channing and Isaac on the ground making snow angels?


Good times and memories.  I loved having everyone stay at our house.  Channing and Patrick played really well together.  They were like brothers.  They wrestled and played secret agent.  Mckenzie slept in out closet since Jeff and Cort slept in her room.  On Christmas Eve I found her with Aquaphor all over her hair, Pj's, sleeping bag, the floor, and her CD player.  I asked her why she did that and she said, "you forgot to put aquaphor on my face!"  We always put aquaphor on her lips and cheeks before bed but sometimes I forget and so she took matters into her own hands.  

We also got to play lots of games like Sushi Go, that's a new one.  And Blokus, one day I'll beat my mom.  I thoroughly enjoyed eating my Ben and Jerry's ice cream that Jeff bought us.  That seems to be the tradition every time they come to visit.  He knows me well.  Channing got to sleep in Cici and Papa's room and he loved it.  So grateful for the memories. 

This is an olive oil dispenser that I made with the Hamilton's at a glass blowing place.  It was really neat to actually make it!


This is a video of Isaac bowling.  It cracks me up seeing how interested he was in watching the girl next to him bowl.  And he's so cute in his little bowling shoes.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fartlek

    Have you ever tried running (more like slow jogging) with a double stroller?  My suggestion is to avoid it...unless you're into pain and frustration. I'm a morning workout person.  And I'm not talking about waking up before my kids at 6am and getting in a workout--I'm not crazy.  I'm into doing my workout when it's convenient and I don't have to sacrifice too much.  For example I don't like to exercise when I:  Have to wake up earlier than normal.  Stay up later than normal. Be too cold/hot for a long period of time. Or listen to a kid cry/whine the whole time.     Right now I've chosen to walk/jog in the morning after breakfast and before Mckenzie's nap.  That way the morning goes by quickly and I get a workout in.  Justin and I signed up for a race here in Meridian and that's my workout motivation...hence the jogging with a stroller.  I'm pretty sure the double stroller ways at least 75lbs with the kids in it.  20lbs for Kenz

Pain in the Neck Child

I have one child that's a pain in the neck because she has a pain in her neck!  Did you follow that?  Actually Mckenzie is adorable and an excellent baby, but the poor kid has torticollis.  Here's what google says about torticollis,  a condition in which the head becomes persistently turned to one side, often associated with painful muscle spasms.   Mckenzie only wants to look forward and to the right.  This has caused the right side of her head to become flat. Last Thursday I took her to the physical therapist that specializes in this problem and received lots of good stretches that I need to do with Mckenzie 2-3 times a day.  She also wants Mckenzie to have tummy time about 5 times a day for 5 minutes each time.  The only time I can do these stretches successfully with Mckenzie is when she is falling asleep for a nap.  And it takes about 10-15 minutes to complete the stretches each time.  We're hopeful that within the next 6 weeks we'll see some improvement.  The PT

$$ for Jeeps

Well I've done it again - bought another Jeep. But this time it was Melissa pushing me to do it! (what a good wife!) It's a 99 Grand Cherokee Limited (we previously had a Laredo by the same year.) The people were originally asking $4200 but we Hamiltoned them down to $2800 thanks to Melissa. I was talking & negotiating with the husband. And then the wife comes out appalled that the husband was coming down so much in price. And she snapped and said she was firm on $3000. So Melissa stepped up and said "I wouldn't give more than $2800."  The tension was high as the 2 women shot dagger-eyes at each other. Neither one backing down. Finally the husband agreed. And we drove it home. Then 2 days later I decided to list our Cherokee for sale around midnight, by noon the next day (today) I had it sold. It's been a busy day. So in 2012 alone, I've now owned 4 different vehicles. Melissa is the hospital today. She is just starting her preceptorship in labo