Skip to main content

Isaac Turning 1!

Isaac will be 1 year old in just 10 days!  He's adorable, significantly chubby, and hilarious. 

I was induced a week before his due date.  Justin and I headed to the hospital in the morning for the induction.  My mom stayed at home with the kids until Joan got there.  Everything that day went well except that my epidural would not work!  Oh that was horrible.  I just remember thinking that this better start working because I do not want to feel this baby come out! 

Isaac was born at 7:18pm weighing 8lbs 1oz and 22 inches long.  Healthy, perfect, and so cute.  I also remember that Isaac had the loudest and shrillest cry I'd every heard.  For a while he was not happy about being out in the real world. 

Then for about the first 4 months of his life we struggled with his tongue tie problem.  We eventually got his tongue lasered but didn't see improvement right away.  Luckily my abundance of milk made up for his constant swallowing of air. 

He's proven to be a great blessing to our family and we love him so dearly. 
Welcome to the world Isaac!

Just a few days old.

Channing ALWAYS wanted to hold his brother.  He still would if Isaac would stay still.  

Real life mom problems=diaper blowout. 

Isaac's baby blessing.
2 months old.
4 months old.

5 months old.
Cutest frog for Halloween.
7 months old and ready to be drafted.
Trip to CA at 8 months old.

Visiting his Clemmer great-grandparents in AZ at 9 months old.

Asleep at church at 10 months old.

11 months old.

Almost 1 year old!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fartlek

    Have you ever tried running (more like slow jogging) with a double stroller?  My suggestion is to avoid it...unless you're into pain and frustration. I'm a morning workout person.  And I'm not talking about waking up before my kids at 6am and getting in a workout--I'm not crazy.  I'm into doing my workout when it's convenient and I don't have to sacrifice too much.  For example I don't like to exercise when I:  Have to wake up earlier than normal.  Stay up later than normal. Be too cold/hot for a long period of time. Or listen to a kid cry/whine the whole time.     Right now I've chosen to walk/jog in the morning after breakfast and before Mckenzie's nap.  That way the morning goes by quickly and I get a workout in.  Justin and I signed up for a race here in Meridian and that's my workout motivation...hence the jogging with a stroller.  I'm pretty sure the double stroller ways at least 75lbs with the kids in it.  20lbs for Kenz

Pain in the Neck Child

I have one child that's a pain in the neck because she has a pain in her neck!  Did you follow that?  Actually Mckenzie is adorable and an excellent baby, but the poor kid has torticollis.  Here's what google says about torticollis,  a condition in which the head becomes persistently turned to one side, often associated with painful muscle spasms.   Mckenzie only wants to look forward and to the right.  This has caused the right side of her head to become flat. Last Thursday I took her to the physical therapist that specializes in this problem and received lots of good stretches that I need to do with Mckenzie 2-3 times a day.  She also wants Mckenzie to have tummy time about 5 times a day for 5 minutes each time.  The only time I can do these stretches successfully with Mckenzie is when she is falling asleep for a nap.  And it takes about 10-15 minutes to complete the stretches each time.  We're hopeful that within the next 6 weeks we'll see some improvement.  The PT

A blessing, 4th of July, and a 2nd birthday!

I'm not good at posting on our blog frequently, so when I do post something it usually consists of many events crammed into one post.  And this entry will be no exception! Ya'll ready for this? Cue Space Jam Theme song. I love Summer time.  You can go outside without bundling up and we spend a lot more time outside when it's warm.  Walks, fishing, picnics! Love it all! Fishing at the pond with daddy.  One of Mckenzie's and Channing's favorite things to do.  One day maybe they'll actually catch something! ;) On July 2nd we had Isaac's baby blessing.  Then afterwards the Hamilton's and the Crawford's came over for a taco dinner.  We love having family close by.  Makes these kind of events great. On July 4th we headed out to Lucky Peak with the Crawford's for some boat time!  Mckenzie was actually super comfortable going on the tube and even sitting on the easy wake trainer.  Channing wasn't too impressed with either.