Skip to main content

School, Boating, Camping, Bowling, and a Snake

Howdy!  That's Channing's new word.  He heard Justin use it and now he likes to say, "howdy!"  Channing's first day of Pre-K was August 29th.  It's about a 1/2 mile away and so we like to walk when we can.  Channing rides his bike or scooter.   So far every time I've picked him he tells me how much fun he had.  I'm so glad that he's liking his class and teacher.  He did AMAZING the first time I dropped him off.  He just walked right in the door and said, "bye mom!"  


On September 2nd, labor day weekend, the Crawford's invited us boating.  We loved going on the tube.  Channing tried out the EZ wake trainer and did awesome!  He even fell off at the end and was not phased at all!  We didn't expect him to try standing up but he surprised us all and stood up with no problem!  I got to try the wake board and that was fun.  Sure do love having family with a boat! :)


Happy as can be after falling off the EZ wake trainer.  I was probably more nervous about it than him!

These cousins have so much fun together.  I can't wait to get a picture of them just like this one in 5 years when they'll all be much bigger!

On Sunday night Justin set up a campout for the kids in the backyard.  This has become his Labor Day tradition with the kids.  We roasted hot dogs and smores.



Mckenzie with all of her stuffed animals. (She sleeps with them every night.) 


The kids latest game is making a fort in the front room with all the couch cushions.  Then when they're done with that they like to roll themselves up in the blankets.  It's the simple joys....


Channing was beyond happy about catching this butterfly.  He let it go and recaptured it about 3 times.  The butterfly was perfectly content sitting on Channing's finger, shirt, or head (see below).


It's been so fun to see how much Channing loves Isaac.  Channing loves to tickle him, sing to him, lay next to him, hold him, or just talk to Isaac.  I hope they will be best friends!


For the past 2 weeks Channing and Mckenzie have been trying to fill a jar with rocks by doing extra chores or good deeds.  Yesterday they reached the top and we took them bowling and out to ice cream.  It's been a really good motivator for Channing.  He was much better at listening and helping out.  And if you threatened to take a rock out of the jar he sure responded!  The next goal is to fill the jar again and we'll take them to Wahooz.  We'll see how it goes for round #2.






Today Channing and his neighbor friends found a gopher snake in our backyard.  This is the third snake we've found in our yard. The others were small, this one was a little over 4 feet.  The kids are in heaven but I think snakes are creepy.  Maybe because we didn't have any snakes growing up in Hawaii so I'm super not used to seeing them in the wild.  The snake slithered into a grassy spot behind our house and Justin caught it so the kids could touch it.



Channing wanted to keep it as his pet....


The sun is setting earlier and earlier these days which means Fall is on it's way!  Channing has asked me everyday for over a week when we can make his Halloween costume.  He wants to be a black widow spider.  Which means I got to get creative!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fartlek

    Have you ever tried running (more like slow jogging) with a double stroller?  My suggestion is to avoid it...unless you're into pain and frustration. I'm a morning workout person.  And I'm not talking about waking up before my kids at 6am and getting in a workout--I'm not crazy.  I'm into doing my workout when it's convenient and I don't have to sacrifice too much.  For example I don't like to exercise when I:  Have to wake up earlier than normal.  Stay up later than normal. Be too cold/hot for a long period of time. Or listen to a kid cry/whine the whole time.     Right now I've chosen to walk/jog in the morning after breakfast and before Mckenzie's nap.  That way the morning goes by quickly and I get a workout in.  Justin and I signed up for a race here in Meridian and that's my workout motivation...hence the jogging with a stroller.  I'm pretty sure the double stroller ways at least 75lbs with the kids in it.  20lbs for Kenz

Pain in the Neck Child

I have one child that's a pain in the neck because she has a pain in her neck!  Did you follow that?  Actually Mckenzie is adorable and an excellent baby, but the poor kid has torticollis.  Here's what google says about torticollis,  a condition in which the head becomes persistently turned to one side, often associated with painful muscle spasms.   Mckenzie only wants to look forward and to the right.  This has caused the right side of her head to become flat. Last Thursday I took her to the physical therapist that specializes in this problem and received lots of good stretches that I need to do with Mckenzie 2-3 times a day.  She also wants Mckenzie to have tummy time about 5 times a day for 5 minutes each time.  The only time I can do these stretches successfully with Mckenzie is when she is falling asleep for a nap.  And it takes about 10-15 minutes to complete the stretches each time.  We're hopeful that within the next 6 weeks we'll see some improvement.  The PT

$$ for Jeeps

Well I've done it again - bought another Jeep. But this time it was Melissa pushing me to do it! (what a good wife!) It's a 99 Grand Cherokee Limited (we previously had a Laredo by the same year.) The people were originally asking $4200 but we Hamiltoned them down to $2800 thanks to Melissa. I was talking & negotiating with the husband. And then the wife comes out appalled that the husband was coming down so much in price. And she snapped and said she was firm on $3000. So Melissa stepped up and said "I wouldn't give more than $2800."  The tension was high as the 2 women shot dagger-eyes at each other. Neither one backing down. Finally the husband agreed. And we drove it home. Then 2 days later I decided to list our Cherokee for sale around midnight, by noon the next day (today) I had it sold. It's been a busy day. So in 2012 alone, I've now owned 4 different vehicles. Melissa is the hospital today. She is just starting her preceptorship in labo