Skip to main content

Lastest and Greatest

It's been a little over 3 weeks since Mckenzie's surgery.  Over this last weekend we have seen some really good improvement.  For example, she usually doesn't poop every hour anymore, maybe more an average of every two hours.  Although Justin changed two poopy diapers during sacrament meeting today.  Thank you Justin!  She's still had a big improvement from just a week ago when I'd change 5 poopy diapers before 9am.  And her diaper rash is much better.  We haven't had to give her around the clock pain medicine for probably a week now.  The new struggle has been her dilations. Her dilations consist of Justin holding her down, spreading her legs open, and me sticking a metal rod about two inches into her rectum, twice a day.  Sounds fun right?  Well of course she hates it and knows when it's coming and screams her head off every time.  It just makes me feel so sad seeing how much she freaks out when she knows it's time for her dilations.  The reason for doing dilations is to prevent the new anus from closing or tightening due to scar tissue.  But the good news is that if we do it consistently and everything looks good at her appointment on the 18th then we can hopefully stop!  That'll be so great!  

I am beyoooond happy to be past, hopefully, the worst moments of Mckenzie's recovery.  Honestly we were not prepared when we brought her home.  I'm so happy I had help from my mom and Justin.  My mom spent two weeks with us and never complained about cleaning up Channing's barf, changing countless diapers on Mckenzie, cleaning my house, making us dinner, or listening to me complain about how sucky it all was.  So happy to be moving on to happier times!

Here's Mr Chan-Man in the bathtub (below).  Bath time has become a pretty consistent thing in our house now that Mckenzie's incision has healed enough to bath her.  Baths have helped a lot with keeping her bottom clean and healing her severe diaper rash.  And it's an easy way to pass time! 


Don't you love that cheesy grin of Mckenzie's?  It kills me!  Justin found this frog costume in Mckenzie's room the other day and got her all dressed up.  She thought it was great for about long enough to take a picture and then she wanted it off.  Typical kid right?  Cutest frog ever!

Here's Channing helping Justin change the wheel hub assembly on the van.  I think Channing is gonna be awesome at working on cars one day since he'll learn so much from Justin.  And he loves being in the garage with his dad!

I had to include this picture of Mckenzie and Justin.  She got this lamb for Easter from Justin's grandma that lives in WI.  And it is now her favorite stuffed animal.  She sleeps with it and takes it on walks.

Can you spot Mckenzie in the picture below?  This is pretty typical...she loves piling the pillow and animals on top of her.

Channing is a goof ball.  His current obsession is talking about lions and tigers.  At night when I put him to bed he could go on and on about his favorite animals.  He is the biggest chatter box at night.  I have to cut him off after a while and say "okay one more minute and then it's bed time."  And he usually continues to talk as I make my way to the door and say "goodnight!" over and over.  Finally he'll stop talking and say, "goodnight mom, I'll just keep talking to myself."  He cracks me up.

This picture is hilarious.  Justin let me sleep in this morning and when I woke up at 8am I checked the baby camera to see if Mckenzie was up yet.  She was awake and throwing everything out of her crib at Justin and telling him to go to sleep.  Justin, you're a good sport.  :)

Feeling very pregnant these days.  Now that things are getting a little easier with Mckenzie I want to start focusing on getting ready for this baby to arrive next month.  Things are definitely different having a 3rd kid as opposed to having our first.  Nothing is ready or done but I'm not stressed about it because I've learned that newborns really don't need much.  Diapers, wipes, boobs to feed from, some outfits, burp clothes, a place to sleep, and you're good!  Can't wait for this baby boy to arrive!  I am counting down the weeks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fartlek

    Have you ever tried running (more like slow jogging) with a double stroller?  My suggestion is to avoid it...unless you're into pain and frustration. I'm a morning workout person.  And I'm not talking about waking up before my kids at 6am and getting in a workout--I'm not crazy.  I'm into doing my workout when it's convenient and I don't have to sacrifice too much.  For example I don't like to exercise when I:  Have to wake up earlier than normal.  Stay up later than normal. Be too cold/hot for a long period of time. Or listen to a kid cry/whine the whole time.     Right now I've chosen to walk/jog in the morning after breakfast and before Mckenzie's nap.  That way the morning goes by quickly and I get a workout in.  Justin and I signed up for a race here in Meridian and that's my workout motivation...hence the jogging with a stroller.  I'm pretty sure the double stroller ways at least 75lbs with the kids in it.  20lbs for Kenz

Pain in the Neck Child

I have one child that's a pain in the neck because she has a pain in her neck!  Did you follow that?  Actually Mckenzie is adorable and an excellent baby, but the poor kid has torticollis.  Here's what google says about torticollis,  a condition in which the head becomes persistently turned to one side, often associated with painful muscle spasms.   Mckenzie only wants to look forward and to the right.  This has caused the right side of her head to become flat. Last Thursday I took her to the physical therapist that specializes in this problem and received lots of good stretches that I need to do with Mckenzie 2-3 times a day.  She also wants Mckenzie to have tummy time about 5 times a day for 5 minutes each time.  The only time I can do these stretches successfully with Mckenzie is when she is falling asleep for a nap.  And it takes about 10-15 minutes to complete the stretches each time.  We're hopeful that within the next 6 weeks we'll see some improvement.  The PT

A blessing, 4th of July, and a 2nd birthday!

I'm not good at posting on our blog frequently, so when I do post something it usually consists of many events crammed into one post.  And this entry will be no exception! Ya'll ready for this? Cue Space Jam Theme song. I love Summer time.  You can go outside without bundling up and we spend a lot more time outside when it's warm.  Walks, fishing, picnics! Love it all! Fishing at the pond with daddy.  One of Mckenzie's and Channing's favorite things to do.  One day maybe they'll actually catch something! ;) On July 2nd we had Isaac's baby blessing.  Then afterwards the Hamilton's and the Crawford's came over for a taco dinner.  We love having family close by.  Makes these kind of events great. On July 4th we headed out to Lucky Peak with the Crawford's for some boat time!  Mckenzie was actually super comfortable going on the tube and even sitting on the easy wake trainer.  Channing wasn't too impressed with either.