Skip to main content

Happy Easter!

 Two days ago it was 71 degrees and we walked to the duck pond.  Ever since my mom visited last month Mckenzie has learned to grab a ziplock bag, hold it up, and say "bread please" whenever she wants to feed the ducks. She wants a piece of bread, in the bag, for the ducks.  (Yes mother, you taught her that.)  We've had to switch bread for bran muffins because Kenzie ends up eating half of the bread herself.  Today it snowed.  What a change in weather!  That's Idaho Spring for ya!

A few days ago we decorated eggs with the kids.  It was a success with no big messes.  Score!  The kids loved it.  Mckenzie apparently really enjoyed dying the eggs because she saw me peeling eggs at dinner time today and asked to hold one.  I gave in and let her hold a hard boiled egg.  She was bursting with joy and kept holding it up saying "egg, egg!"  I was in the middle of making an enormous amount of potato salad and wanted to keep her happy and entertained so I could finish.  What harm could a toddler do with a hard boiled egg?  I finished peeling the rest of the eggs and found Kenzie "peeling" her own egg on the carpet.  Her version of peeling was more digging a hole in the egg and picking out the insides.  And when I asked her why she did that she pretended like the egg had cracked itself open.  "Uh oh! What happened!"  She's gonna be a sneaky one!



Channing loved dipping one egg into multiple colors!

Before Kenzie goes to bed she'll walk into Channing's room to give him a hug and a kiss.  Then she usually wants to climb on his bed and grab a stuffed animal and pretend to sleep.  She cracks me up with this Daniel Boone hat on.  

I feel pretty lucky that Channing is such a sweet brother to Mckenzie.  He's really tried to be extra nice to her when he knows she's in pain.  Handing her toys while I wipe her sore bum or giving her extra kisses.  He's a great older sibling!

The main reason why I wanted to include this picture is because I think it's funny how Mckenzie is laying on the table.  This is pretty typical during the morning for us.  Eat breakfast, watch a show, then get ready for the day.  

Comments

  1. I didn't know you blogged again... just happened to check it out! you gota add a link to FB so I know! I love your bloggs, your stories and all the pictures... I'm so glad you keep this little journal for us to all check out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fartlek

    Have you ever tried running (more like slow jogging) with a double stroller?  My suggestion is to avoid it...unless you're into pain and frustration. I'm a morning workout person.  And I'm not talking about waking up before my kids at 6am and getting in a workout--I'm not crazy.  I'm into doing my workout when it's convenient and I don't have to sacrifice too much.  For example I don't like to exercise when I:  Have to wake up earlier than normal.  Stay up later than normal. Be too cold/hot for a long period of time. Or listen to a kid cry/whine the whole time.     Right now I've chosen to walk/jog in the morning after breakfast and before Mckenzie's nap.  That way the morning goes by quickly and I get a workout in.  Justin and I signed up for a race here in Meridian and that's my workout motivation...hence the jogging with a stroller.  I'm pretty sure the double stroller ways at least 75lbs with the kids in it.  20lbs for Kenz

Pain in the Neck Child

I have one child that's a pain in the neck because she has a pain in her neck!  Did you follow that?  Actually Mckenzie is adorable and an excellent baby, but the poor kid has torticollis.  Here's what google says about torticollis,  a condition in which the head becomes persistently turned to one side, often associated with painful muscle spasms.   Mckenzie only wants to look forward and to the right.  This has caused the right side of her head to become flat. Last Thursday I took her to the physical therapist that specializes in this problem and received lots of good stretches that I need to do with Mckenzie 2-3 times a day.  She also wants Mckenzie to have tummy time about 5 times a day for 5 minutes each time.  The only time I can do these stretches successfully with Mckenzie is when she is falling asleep for a nap.  And it takes about 10-15 minutes to complete the stretches each time.  We're hopeful that within the next 6 weeks we'll see some improvement.  The PT

A blessing, 4th of July, and a 2nd birthday!

I'm not good at posting on our blog frequently, so when I do post something it usually consists of many events crammed into one post.  And this entry will be no exception! Ya'll ready for this? Cue Space Jam Theme song. I love Summer time.  You can go outside without bundling up and we spend a lot more time outside when it's warm.  Walks, fishing, picnics! Love it all! Fishing at the pond with daddy.  One of Mckenzie's and Channing's favorite things to do.  One day maybe they'll actually catch something! ;) On July 2nd we had Isaac's baby blessing.  Then afterwards the Hamilton's and the Crawford's came over for a taco dinner.  We love having family close by.  Makes these kind of events great. On July 4th we headed out to Lucky Peak with the Crawford's for some boat time!  Mckenzie was actually super comfortable going on the tube and even sitting on the easy wake trainer.  Channing wasn't too impressed with either.