Skip to main content

August...and the end of Summer

Oh August...I love Summer.  The only thing I don't like about August is that it leads to September, which leads to it getting colder and colder.  Oh well, life goes on.  This summer was really fun because I wasn't pregnant or didn't just barely have a baby.  We've gone on lots of family bike rides, playing outside, walks to the park, a family reunion in Park City, and playing in sprinklers.  Channing finally earned enough money to qualify him to get a power wheels four-wheeler.  He loves that thing.  I'm pretty sure he's driven it everyday since we got it for him.  I'm super proud of him too because he actually worked hard to earn that four-wheeler.  He would ask to do a chore, which in reality means more work for me, and then he'd either sweep, mop, clean windows, vacuum the car, or whatever I needed done that day.  We'd go to Walmart to grocery shop and he'd see a cool toy and ask if he could have it.  And I would tell him that he could buy the toy but the money would come out of the four-wheeler jar.  Then he would slowly put the toy back on the shelf....  That's some self control for a 3 year old!
Counting Channing's four-wheeler money.

In heaven!

After the first few rides Channing found this baby squirrel in our front yard.

We kept it warm until someone from the Boise Animal Rescue came to pick it up.  Apparently people actually bottle feed these babies until they are old enough to be on their own.  It was so cute!!



Mckenzie's new trick is that she is tall enough to reach our very low light switches and likes to turn everything on and off.

Cousins.

Leaf bug spotted!

Leaf bug caught!

Leaf bug dead...

:(
Other than the leaf bug incident I think this Summer was great!

Comments

  1. Hahahaha! I love your last comment... reminds me of when you were feeding some baby birds that fell out of their nest... and the next morning... well you remember what happened... just a few feathers left and Joshy-boo had already eaten his breakfast! I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fartlek

    Have you ever tried running (more like slow jogging) with a double stroller?  My suggestion is to avoid it...unless you're into pain and frustration. I'm a morning workout person.  And I'm not talking about waking up before my kids at 6am and getting in a workout--I'm not crazy.  I'm into doing my workout when it's convenient and I don't have to sacrifice too much.  For example I don't like to exercise when I:  Have to wake up earlier than normal.  Stay up later than normal. Be too cold/hot for a long period of time. Or listen to a kid cry/whine the whole time.     Right now I've chosen to walk/jog in the morning after breakfast and before Mckenzie's nap.  That way the morning goes by quickly and I get a workout in.  Justin and I signed up for a race here in Meridian and that's my workout motivation...hence the jogging with a stroller.  I'm pretty sure the double stroller ways at least 75lbs with the kids in it.  20lbs for Kenz

Pain in the Neck Child

I have one child that's a pain in the neck because she has a pain in her neck!  Did you follow that?  Actually Mckenzie is adorable and an excellent baby, but the poor kid has torticollis.  Here's what google says about torticollis,  a condition in which the head becomes persistently turned to one side, often associated with painful muscle spasms.   Mckenzie only wants to look forward and to the right.  This has caused the right side of her head to become flat. Last Thursday I took her to the physical therapist that specializes in this problem and received lots of good stretches that I need to do with Mckenzie 2-3 times a day.  She also wants Mckenzie to have tummy time about 5 times a day for 5 minutes each time.  The only time I can do these stretches successfully with Mckenzie is when she is falling asleep for a nap.  And it takes about 10-15 minutes to complete the stretches each time.  We're hopeful that within the next 6 weeks we'll see some improvement.  The PT

$$ for Jeeps

Well I've done it again - bought another Jeep. But this time it was Melissa pushing me to do it! (what a good wife!) It's a 99 Grand Cherokee Limited (we previously had a Laredo by the same year.) The people were originally asking $4200 but we Hamiltoned them down to $2800 thanks to Melissa. I was talking & negotiating with the husband. And then the wife comes out appalled that the husband was coming down so much in price. And she snapped and said she was firm on $3000. So Melissa stepped up and said "I wouldn't give more than $2800."  The tension was high as the 2 women shot dagger-eyes at each other. Neither one backing down. Finally the husband agreed. And we drove it home. Then 2 days later I decided to list our Cherokee for sale around midnight, by noon the next day (today) I had it sold. It's been a busy day. So in 2012 alone, I've now owned 4 different vehicles. Melissa is the hospital today. She is just starting her preceptorship in labo