Skip to main content

Happy Mother's Day

I am one lucky lady.  I don't mean to toot my own horn but I've got one awesome husband and two great kids.  The Saturday before mother's day the fam all went to Kneader's.  It was delicious!  And it happen to be buy one get one free all you can eat french toast.  Happy Day!



The next day (Mother's Day) Justin made me crepes for breakfast.  Can you tell I like breakfast?  And he bought Nutella to go on the crepes.  Ummm....amazing! 


The day before Mother's Day Justin and Channing went shopping for Mother's Day stuff.  When they got back I was sure that I could convince Channing to tell me where they went.  But he would not crack!!  Justin taught him to say "I'm not telling you anything!" when I asked about where they went.  He wouldn't budge at all!  On Mother's Day I came down stairs to a plethora of goodies!  See picture below.  


Best guy right here ---->


In other news, Mckenzie is 10 months old! She has one tooth and she's crawling and pulling herself up on everything.  Nothing is safe in this house anymore!  


Comments

  1. Always love your blogs and pictures... just don't know when you do it... so had a couple to read... love Mckenzie's smile...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fartlek

    Have you ever tried running (more like slow jogging) with a double stroller?  My suggestion is to avoid it...unless you're into pain and frustration. I'm a morning workout person.  And I'm not talking about waking up before my kids at 6am and getting in a workout--I'm not crazy.  I'm into doing my workout when it's convenient and I don't have to sacrifice too much.  For example I don't like to exercise when I:  Have to wake up earlier than normal.  Stay up later than normal. Be too cold/hot for a long period of time. Or listen to a kid cry/whine the whole time.     Right now I've chosen to walk/jog in the morning after breakfast and before Mckenzie's nap.  That way the morning goes by quickly and I get a workout in.  Justin and I signed up for a race here in Meridian and that's my workout motivation...hence the jogging with a stroller.  I'm pretty sure the double stroller ways at least 75lbs with the kids in it.  20lbs for Kenz

Pain in the Neck Child

I have one child that's a pain in the neck because she has a pain in her neck!  Did you follow that?  Actually Mckenzie is adorable and an excellent baby, but the poor kid has torticollis.  Here's what google says about torticollis,  a condition in which the head becomes persistently turned to one side, often associated with painful muscle spasms.   Mckenzie only wants to look forward and to the right.  This has caused the right side of her head to become flat. Last Thursday I took her to the physical therapist that specializes in this problem and received lots of good stretches that I need to do with Mckenzie 2-3 times a day.  She also wants Mckenzie to have tummy time about 5 times a day for 5 minutes each time.  The only time I can do these stretches successfully with Mckenzie is when she is falling asleep for a nap.  And it takes about 10-15 minutes to complete the stretches each time.  We're hopeful that within the next 6 weeks we'll see some improvement.  The PT

My reality check

Remember how in my last few posts I talked about how we were teaching Channing to put himself back to sleep by letting him cry it out?  Since Channing has been sick for over a week that has all gone down the drain....  The poor kid is so congested all the time.  When we wakes up at night he usually will not take his binky and fall back asleep.  Instead he needs his nose suctioned, which usually requires Justin holding Channing's head still or it's impossible.  And lately he will not go back to sleep at all until he's fed again.  Last night it was every 3 hours.  I don't know if it's because his throat hurts or he just wants to be held.  Whatever the reason, nights have been a little rough around here.  Oh, and his naps during the day have been pretty bad.  Crying a lot before falling asleep and then only sleeping for 20 or 30 minutes.  Motherhood is definitely a 24/7 job.  With no lunch breaks.  And get this!  Channing has been so upset lately that I can't even