Skip to main content

October is almost over

   Time is flying by....  I usually end the day by thinking, oh my goodness I have so much to do this week!  Between school, work, certifications for work, exercising, and family life I feel busy!  Julia and Cameron and family came to visit earlier this month.  That was really fun.  We mainly just hung out and took walks.  Channing loved having friends to play with.  It'll be great to live close to family one day.
    Do you know what else will be great??  Being done with school this December!!  It's so stinkin hard to have a busy day and then realize I need to do home work.  Blah, i hate it.  At least this is my last semester.  Yes!
   One random moment of this month was when some driver drove up our curb, onto our grass, hit the side of our Xterra, and then drove away before we ran outside to see what just happened.  Luckily the Xterra isn't badly damaged.  The hit shifted the front bumper and broke the right headlight.
  Current news with Channing.  He has a cold and has lost his voice.  Poor kid can barely talk.  It's weird for him to be so quiet.  We miss his laugh.  Hopefully he'll be feeling better tomorrow.  He's learned to do this eye rolling thing.  It's kind of hilarious.  And he knows we think it's funny so of course he does it for the attention.  His favorite activity is taking walks.  Usually by 11am he asks to go on a walk.  And I say, "okay get your shoes and coat." And he says "okay."  And then we take a 30 minute walk in which we go about half a block.
   Not sure what else is new in our life.  Justin and I are watching The Voice so I guess I'm slightly distracted.  Alright...here's what everyone wants anyways...pictures!
Fun with cousins.

Channing pretending to be Lani.

Makayla when I tell her to smile and show me her teeth. 


Swinging with my baby.

Cameron swinging with his baby.

Sometimes we walk to Channing's friends house when they aren't home and leave them notes like this one "Channing was here."

This kid!

I think suckers make him happy...

Sometimes after our walk we just sit in the car and hang out.  Channing loves it. And he needs his seat buckled like a big kid.

Best teething tool...Luigi's Italian Ice Cream.

  

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness...I LOVE CHANNING. the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to teach him your name by Christmas time so he can say "I love Bridgie!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fartlek

    Have you ever tried running (more like slow jogging) with a double stroller?  My suggestion is to avoid it...unless you're into pain and frustration. I'm a morning workout person.  And I'm not talking about waking up before my kids at 6am and getting in a workout--I'm not crazy.  I'm into doing my workout when it's convenient and I don't have to sacrifice too much.  For example I don't like to exercise when I:  Have to wake up earlier than normal.  Stay up later than normal. Be too cold/hot for a long period of time. Or listen to a kid cry/whine the whole time.     Right now I've chosen to walk/jog in the morning after breakfast and before Mckenzie's nap.  That way the morning goes by quickly and I get a workout in.  Justin and I signed up for a race here in Meridian and that's my workout motivation...hence the jogging with a stroller.  I'm pretty sure the double stroller ways at least 75lbs with the kids in it.  20lbs for Kenz

Pain in the Neck Child

I have one child that's a pain in the neck because she has a pain in her neck!  Did you follow that?  Actually Mckenzie is adorable and an excellent baby, but the poor kid has torticollis.  Here's what google says about torticollis,  a condition in which the head becomes persistently turned to one side, often associated with painful muscle spasms.   Mckenzie only wants to look forward and to the right.  This has caused the right side of her head to become flat. Last Thursday I took her to the physical therapist that specializes in this problem and received lots of good stretches that I need to do with Mckenzie 2-3 times a day.  She also wants Mckenzie to have tummy time about 5 times a day for 5 minutes each time.  The only time I can do these stretches successfully with Mckenzie is when she is falling asleep for a nap.  And it takes about 10-15 minutes to complete the stretches each time.  We're hopeful that within the next 6 weeks we'll see some improvement.  The PT

$$ for Jeeps

Well I've done it again - bought another Jeep. But this time it was Melissa pushing me to do it! (what a good wife!) It's a 99 Grand Cherokee Limited (we previously had a Laredo by the same year.) The people were originally asking $4200 but we Hamiltoned them down to $2800 thanks to Melissa. I was talking & negotiating with the husband. And then the wife comes out appalled that the husband was coming down so much in price. And she snapped and said she was firm on $3000. So Melissa stepped up and said "I wouldn't give more than $2800."  The tension was high as the 2 women shot dagger-eyes at each other. Neither one backing down. Finally the husband agreed. And we drove it home. Then 2 days later I decided to list our Cherokee for sale around midnight, by noon the next day (today) I had it sold. It's been a busy day. So in 2012 alone, I've now owned 4 different vehicles. Melissa is the hospital today. She is just starting her preceptorship in labo